TRAFFIC OFFENCE REPORTING SYSTEM
BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY
Around the world road traffic injuries are a major public health challenges that requires concerted efforts for effective and sustained prevention. An estimated 1.2 million people are killed in road crashes every year and many as 50 million suffer injuries. The word health organization believe that these figures could increase by more them half over the next 20years unless there is a firm commitment to traffic management authority prevention. Especially in Nigeria, most adult will know of someone who has been killed or injured in a road traffic accidents. It is a dad fact that many of these accidents and their consequences will have been avoidable.
Therefore this project, computerized traffic offender reporting system will help to keep records of all traffic offences committed by road users and also maintain the databases of the commission.
STATEMENT OF THE PROBLEM
The present system of traffic offender reporting system has a lot of flaws which are mentioned below:
· The manual method is time consuming
· The cost of running the manual system is huge electronically
PURPOSE OF THE STUDY
This study is designed to help traffic management authority to document all road traffic offences incurred by the road users.
OBJECTIVES OF THE STUDY
The objectives of the study are as follows:
1. To provide better services to the public and users.
2. To keep records that are compact, integrated and up dated
3. To produce a system where information and output report will be produced or made available much faster more accurately and more detailed to the commission and the public (Road users).